Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Simply Sea-ing

Something about the ocean makes one gaze into it.

Sometimes to reflect upon what could have been.
Other times to give thanks for what one has.

Some gaze and wish they could travel the sea to a far away place.
Others gaze and amaze at how lucky they are to live in this place.



Search the Sea
Written by Steve Napolitano

What is this life I live?
Full of love to give
Always kept inside
to protect my wounded pride

So many dreams to chase
and feel your warm embrace
Standing on the salty shore
Watching dreams never felt before

Gazing out towards the sea
As my dreams swim free
Constantly out of reach
From this lonely desolate beach

Just one more nightmare
Before my answered prayer
I swim through all debris
After my dreams, I search the Sea



The Knowing Sea
Written by Mikol Khol

The tide comes in, and moves back out
Like your chest rising and falling
To the melodic rhythm of your life

In the mist of the sea's dew
I see the future of our understanding love
Two young friends discovering the truth

Sand and shells shift underneath
Realizing the changes that have taken place
I know now . . . where my heart belongs



The Sea
Written by Cao Cao

I come to view the boundless ocean
From Rocky Hill on eastern shore.
Its water rolls in rhythmic motion,
And islands stand amid its roar.

Tree on tree grows from peak to peak;
Grass on grass looks lush far and nigh.
The autumn wind blows drear and bleak;
The monstrous billows surge up high.

The sun by day, the moon by night
Appear to rise up from the deep.
The Milky Way with stars so bright
Sinks down into the sea in sleep.

How happy I feel at this sight!
I croon this poem in delight.

观沧海

东汉 曹操

东临碣石,以观沧海。

水何澹澹,山岛竦峙。

树木丛生,百草丰茂。

秋风萧瑟,洪波涌起。

日月之行,若出其中;

星汉灿烂,若出其里。

幸甚至哉,歌以咏志。


Simply Sea-ing

C_A_B

No comments: