Sunday, October 23, 2011

Simply A Pathway

A simple walk along the path to Good Harbor on an October afternoon.



The Path To The Sea
Written by Lucy A. Cain

Clear the way before me Lord
Guide every step I take
Give me courage to journey on
For every mile I make

I only want to walk with You
Lord, on each path You’ll lead
Keep my feet within Your course
For there You’ll know my needs

Others will take the path we trod
The path where You made way
Be a light unto their feet
When they reach the end of day

Guide us on to journey’s end
Where we’ll meet You face to face
Thank You for the journey
That led to Heaven’s place



Sea Fever
Written by John Masefield

I MUST go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
And a gray mist on the sea's face, and a gray dawn breaking.
I must down go to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.
I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.




An Irish Blessing
As plentiful as the grass that grows
Or the sand on the shore
Or the dew on the lea
So the blessings of the King of Grace
On every soul that was, that is, or will ever be


Simply A Pathway

C_A_B

No comments: